PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2012, 04:37
HEALY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My observation could be really picky and obsolete however I have my own thoughts based on watching the Four Corners doco. At the end of the day the episode shown would only have been watched purely by those who tune in every week for this programme. I would not imagine that many others would have made special effort to watch this EXCEPT for those in the industry discussing this as we read/type.

The crew have been given a good roasting on this forum and as mentioned previously "watched his own execution". Having been under commercial pressures like Dom and have as many others I was willing to have a reserved judgement on his decisions that night and his demeanour thru the interview given the reports findings.....hats off for putting yourself on camera given the media scrutiny!!

Had it of been me going in front of the camera I would have known that it wasn't the usual ABC viewers tuning in every week that I had to convince of my decision making rather my own peers who are picking at my apparent relaxed attitude towards the flight planning and the cowboy attitude that has been hinted on this very forum. For this position to be in (and again I am being very picky here) why wouldnt you show yourself in a very professional light by at least doing the buttons up on your shirt or even go as far as wearing a tie. Having the appearance shown as the Cleo award (which he even mentioned as inappropriate) shows a relaxed and casual approach which is exactly what people are making their decisions about his character

Although it's maybe slightly different you only have to see the QF32 episode to see the difference in how the crew are visually presented to make up minds for Joe public about what the industry is about. Although all rumours about character assassination you can always do yourself a favour.