PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying instructor jobs
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2012, 02:44
guyleedsutd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons I changed flying schools 11hours into my ppl from an international airport based school to a local members flying club where I was instructed from an ex ba captain and a lady pilot both ultimate professionals.i am now 43 hours in and waiting to sit my skills test.At the first school I had hour building pilots teaching me and it was a new instructor nearly every other flight and I seemed to be getting nowhere and wasn't at solo standard when I changed schools,every lesson felt rushed and there was very little pre flight briefing.within 4hours at the new school I soloed then went from strength to strength with every lesson because of the dedicated passion my instructors had for flying and their teaching ability,so in my view as a student if you aren't dedicated to the teaching aspect of the fi rating please don't be another hour building fatpl just taking students hard earned money from them because it's a pricey enough career as it is without the added expense of students throwing their money at crap teaching: