PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2003, 19:26
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Draco

You need a far better lawyer than me.
I was persuaded to do a trial lesson (just for fun) at Coney Park during a visit to Yorkshire in 1995, was bitten by the bug and ended up doing my PPL, and a B206 conversion there. This was in under the previous ownership, not the current.
And it didn't stop there. I've since got my Gazelle rating and I'm half-way through an A109 conversion.
Just for fun, indeed. One trial lesson, and it's cost me a fortune. I'd been perfectly happy flying around in a Harvard until then. I'm the last person you need to advise you!

smyers
Although I did my training in Yorkshire, and carried on flying there for some time, I haven't joined in before because of the direction the discussion was taking. Lawyers pick up a lot of information and, however tempting it might be, we must never breach confidentiality.

I flew with a few different instructors but finished my PPL course, and did my JetRanger conversion, with Mark Griffiths who was then at Northern Helicopters. He's an excellent instructor, and an exceptionally nice chap which is also important. He moved to MultiFlight when Coney Park changed ownership, and may now be Commercial flying only.
I suggest you give Mark Griffiths a call at MultiFlight. Even if he can't help you himself, he's totally straight, no 'rumours' to worry about, and you can safely trust whatever he tells you.

And you can tell him an old student pilot of his sent you along if you want.

Tudor Owen

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 14th Jan 2003 at 08:24.