PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2012, 17:10
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTex600

TTex600 What told the AP and AT to disconnect?

There's a civil question. My question from the beginning, since it is likely that the crew had more experience with autopilot loss due to exceeded control limits than
"UAS". "vitesse douteuse". At 447's date with fate, the abnormal was called

Unreliable speed.

Tex, I believe the crew did NOT know exactly what caused the loss of autopilot, not immediately. Immediately is the standard. It was referenced at 2:16.0, when the PNF said "lost the speeds". It was at 2:22.0 when the PNF said " Alternate Law".

Rather than repeat the propaganda that has most here believing the speeds problem was known right away, I will simply say that bit is not known except at those two indexed times, from the CVR.

So it occurs to me that a conference among computers should have extended an invitation to the flightcrew to be privy...

If, since the timing is not known except at 2:16:0, the PF may have thought the a/p quit due to its computed conclusion that it was unable to command sufficient controls deflection by its Parameters of operation. There was turbulence, and it would have been a possible determination. Possible.

A casual look at the graph of Vertical speeds and g shows a heavy moving around like a trainer, at least possibly. Possible.

PF could have missed the speeds issue on his PFD, he also could have missed the Law degrade, which is very important. It is important because when the a/p quits due handling in turbulence, on this aircraft, it remains in NORMAL LAW.

Was this possibly his foundation? Possible?