PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ocean Sky Winding Up Notice
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2012, 14:35
patience

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Why the stampede?

I do however feel you have omitted one person who may have had a hand in the demise, namely IL
Theory #1: IL did in fact at first try to save OCS UK. He either proposed a hike in fees/contract-adjust or became majority shareholder etc (- I've no idea, I'm guessing) or something rather unpalatable to the owners of 15 planes or so. They all took off. Then he chased after them and tried to get them to join 'a new enterprise'..effectively making himself Middle Man between the owners and the new parent company (pick a small AOC holding company in need of a nice offer), using their AOC/Despatch/Crewing etc operation while keeping Moscow Ops as the main field office as it was before.

Theory #2 IL knew OCS UK was untenable, saw his big chance and deliberately put the wind up them ("the end is nigh!") then told them not to worry, he had a solution already for them (see Theory#1). They bolted out the door in a hurry, some may have gone with him (??) and some would have gone straight to competitors. Time will tell. If true, he killed off a company (made sick by the inabilities of people-recently-departed to get their house in order) that under the new MD in a post-RS/TS era (and a little help from KPMG etc) just might have been turned around (or maybe not, but now we will never know).

I think Theory#2 is more likely from what I have picked up on, but I'm sure everyone will post their own variations.

A damned fine company to work for. Finally destroyed by a selfish f*