PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting from Monday 3rd Sep
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2012, 12:46
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If (and it’s a very big if) Thomson do decide to recruit non rated cadets in the near future then it’s fantastic that modular ladies and gents will be able to apply and I heartily commend the hard work and dedication of Yeoman and their colleagues on the CC for achieving this.

While my heart rejoices at this news I’m afraid that my head is somewhat more sceptical. In the past Thomson has had a policy of recruiting only integrated cadets from CTC etc and just by opening the application process up to modular applicants it doesn’t mean that the tried and tested integrated only recruitment policy will change, it just means that HR will have to wade through many more applications.

The integrated schools that have supplied Thomson in the past will maintain their links with the airline into the future and will try to persuade Thomson to take their graduates in preference to modular applicants. If it all goes ahead it will be extremely interesting to see a break down of the profiles of the cadets selected (age, training school etc etc).

So while the Thomson CC have done (and no doubt are still doing) fantastic work for which they are to be applauded I remain sceptical as to whether or not they can genuinely influence ages old entrenched recruitment policies.

Despite my misgivings will I still apply if and when the cadet recruitment process starts? You better believe it…… Bring it on!!!!!