PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying instructor jobs
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2012, 09:34
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructing is about giving the best to educate others. It is not about having somebody else pay to provide you with experience and it is not a last resort.

It is little wonder that we have so many crap new pilots around when the Instructors teaching them are only there to build hours at there expense and move on.

The only reason I became an Instructor was because I was pissed off sitting next to idiots droning on about how they were really airline pilots waiting for a proper job.

I am a Commercial Turboprop pilot but also teach and examine and when I am recruiting I look for people who have a broad experience and real passion to teach and fly not those just marking time for something else.

It is also the attitude that teaching is the lowest form of job that keeps hardworking and dedicated career instructors on the bread line.

If I had my way, you would need a wide and varied 800 plus hours before being accepted to be an Instructor.

Go get your experience at your own expense, spend the money on touring and then when you have it and you still want to be an instructor you might have something to offer.

/rant mode off.