PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2012, 09:28
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RexBanner - I am one of those who utterly reject our current recruitment policy and see the lack of a 'broad church' approach as a real failing. There is no doubt that we are missing a trick in only recruiting cadets - we need a broader recruitment base including turboprops, instructors, military, helicopters and other non-Airbus rated jets. I came from a mixture of the first 3 and have unquestionably benefitted from exposure to the wider world. However, it would not be fair to characterise our operation as being 'ILS to ILS'. In the last year or so at easyJet I have done day and night VORs, NDBs, PRNAVs, visual and circling approaches. In addition we operate to what is widely recognised as some of the more challenging Cat C airports in Europe with narrow runways, high terrain etc. Arguably, our Gatwick operation offers the widest variety of flying and destinations of any airline around. Sure, we cannot offer Kathmandu, but we can provide just about everything else! By the time an easyJet FO gets a command he is a fairly polished individual who has a wide exposure to a substantial number of difficult destinations. Virtually all our new Captains come through Gatwick, thereby increasing their exposure to the hard end of the scale. We are far from perfect and I agree we should have more widely experienced pilots as a matter of policy, but we also have a lot right in terms of what we put our aspiring Captains through.