PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2003, 16:55
Draco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having flown at all of the schools mentioned, and with most of the instructors/examiners too, this all makes interesting reading!

Steve's postings indicate that there must have been many changes since I last flew at Helijet five years ago.

I am sure that the obvious applies; do your research carefully, visit all of the places, look at the standard of the machines, check the safety facilities & the availability of machines, check paperwork, talk to other visitors etc.

Also consider where the bulk of the training takes place; I did some hours in the US, very cheaply I thought, but it turned out that you couldn't do any real training on the airfield from which they operated, so the price saving disappeared in transit to the practice fields.

Beware of the same issues here.

good luck

Draco (with absolutely no axe to grind or financial interest!)

PS
Helijet are responsible for considerable financial loss on my part; I took my original trial lesson there in 1990, got hooked (on helis) and the spending hasn't stopped (although I did all my training lsewhere). Perhaps I should consult a lawyer; could I get legal aid these days? Flying Lawyer?