PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fodder for the Ryanair haters...
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2012, 22:00
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few people saying the Ryanair Website hides information or makes it difficult to see what you need to do. I can only assume you use a different Ryanair website to me.

Just that whenever I book, it won't let me continue unless I specifically click the little box stating that I agree with the terms and conditions of travel. I must be one of the few who actually read things before I agree to it, especially if money is involved. I guess I'm the idiot here. Just that if this woman ticked that little box, which she would have had to have done in order to proceed, then she surely read that she would have to pay £60 if she didn't print a boarding card off. No? Well maybe she should read things in the future, especially something called a contract, which is what she entered in to when she ticked that little box stating she fully understood Ryanairs conditions of carriage.

Now, let's assume she didn't read them, which would have been silly of her anyway. She would have been told at at least one stage in the booking and then again when she got to her confirmation page and then again in her confirmation email that she would have to print off her own boarding cards for all flights. Now, let's assume she ignored all the big red wording for whatever reason. In all of my previous bookings with Ryanair I have been sent numerous emails at various stages before my flights stating that I must check in online and print off my boarding cards. It's quite hard to miss, actually.

Now why should this woman be exempt because the charge is "a bit high?"

It's her own fault. She deserves no more sympathy than someone who turned up late for a flight on BA or KLM and was made to pay £60 for a new ticket, or someone who has brought £60 of overweight baggage for a flight on United. Airlines charge money when people don't stick to what they have been asked or told to do. The fact that this is a boarding card is irrelevant. It's a charge, a penalty for doing something wrong.

To kick up a fuss about it is idiocy. She's got nothing to stand on, she is totally in the wrong. FR could charge £1000 for a boarding card and it would still be the same story, especially as she blindly said she accepted the charge!!! She won't get a penny back from MOL and rightly so. FR didn't become one of the worlds largest airlines by refunding boarding card fees. If what he's doing is making him shed loads of money then for God's sake keep doing it man!