PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save Essendon Airport
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2012, 11:51
TOUCH-AND-GO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was anyone allowed to speak in favour of the airport, or was it just one big NIMBY groupthink whine fest?
Me, Myself and I plus another chap spoke in favour of the airport. Didn't want to start an argument with a bunch of whiners, as soon as you spoke a word, all heads and eyes turned towards you.

I will start listening to the whinging public, when anyone of them can explain to me their mental state when they knowingly bought or developed a property under a known flight path to a known airport. Extended centreline areas are there for a reason, and it isn't to put a house on.
Alphacentauri, This was brought up into the discussion. I was intrigued by the response of along lines.."we were never told about the noise and flight paths associated with the Airport and when forwarded a complaint to AS/CASA they simply replied to get used to it and shut up or relocate

A few more points I wish to bring up;

-The committee suggest that YMEN considers closing down the north/south runway or simply have it shortened from the start of runway East/West.

-The airport should consider constructing an enclosed noise bay for engine run ups or testing ( I wonder who'll pay for that )

T&G

Last edited by TOUCH-AND-GO; 6th Sep 2012 at 12:30. Reason: Typo