PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Renewal
Thread: ASIC Renewal
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2012, 06:26
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASIC Renewal

I didn't want to resurrect the former ASIC renewal threads (some dating back to 2007), so I thought I'd start a new one. The difference is this one comes with a twist; I'm actually congratulating CASA on a reasonable turnaround time From sending my form off to getting the card in my grubby hand has taken 13 days and that's from WA as well.

I went direct through CASA because my previous card was issued by them and I didn't want to go through the rigmarole of an initial issue with the ID people (yes, I know they run the website and just stick a CASA label on it, alongside their's). I don't consider myself a cheapskate but it was cheaper going direct as well ($186).

I'm not trying to ingratiate myself with our 'regulator' but it looks like they may have finally got their s#*t in one sock and brought ASIC card issuing down to a reasonable time.

The only snag I have with this card is that I never use it (don't fly anywhere with barbed wire fences surrounding the runway) and $186 could be better spent in the bottle shop