PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay cadet Icao English Re-test
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2012, 05:06
Whoosh1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lkcmss2000

I think you might find that the "everybody who is pointing their fingers at him" has recently been banned from this forum and some of his posts may have been removed. I don't know what went on, but slander and libellous accusations on a public forum are not smart, neither is it smart to place so much weight on them, particularly as the author was trying to promote his own vastly more expensive English course as an alternative. A bit of an axe to grind, methinks.

As far as the English assessment is concerned, of course it isn't and shouldn't be totally aviation orientated. The subjects that arise day-to-day do not always have an aviation theme. What about the instance that arose last week on my flight deck when the FA1 came to tell me that there were two thieves on board who were looting overhead bins of cash? Do you think that the resolution of this incident required any English language that was to do with aviation?

This is why you will find that the English assessment needs to be more than just what you are going to say to ATC.

Regards

Last edited by Whoosh1999; 10th Sep 2012 at 14:25.