PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5th September QF Announcement
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2012, 03:05
32megapixels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not signed onto Pprune for about 12 months and funnily enough looked into my private messages that I had missed. These messages were largely inregards to Qantas recruitment and the LOI to employ I had. Hmm, a while ago!!

I would have loved to have joined many of you on the A380 or B747. Instead I sit down the back on staff traveland punish a red or two!

Anyway, right now sitting up the front of the q400 isn't so bad, except we are being paid like a bunch of peasants as a reward for bringing in huge profits for this group. It is suggested that it is about 10-20k per sector when our load factor is at 80%. Not bad considering we have 25 of them doing 5-7sectors a day!

QantasLink is still a stepping stone with no prospect at achieving further career development at the moment. Once you tick certain boxes, it is the same thing for most of us. Look for another job – Virgin!

I hope that Emirates can offer some opportunities for those of you that may be affected by this. If they could change their approach and open an Australian based hub with transfers to Emirates for Qantas pilots that would be a huge benefit to all.

In my view, aviation in this country is a very frustrating career! One which we love and wouldn't give away (well that’s not true.. I have seen it at the Link), but a few more opportunities for us Australians would be nice.

Can somebody remind me how many registered container ships are Australian these days? Is it like 5!

Something tells me in this globalised world our uncompetitive tax system in this country will be the catalyst for decline to the airline industry as we know it.

Australia is its own worst enemy on the global stage and as long as our tax system continues to screw companies like Qantas, opportunities to fly for the iconic brand will continue to deteriorate.

Every time I go to Longreach I shed a tear!

Last edited by 32megapixels; 6th Sep 2012 at 03:08.