PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737ng speed brake operation after bounced landing
Old 5th Sep 2012, 14:18
citizensun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B737ng speed brake operation after bounced landing

Good evening,everyone~
I am flying B737NGs, and there is question bothers me for a long time.
Hope you guys can give me the right answer! Thanks in advance!
I almost made a landing couple years ago.
I was flying a flap 40 landing, from 50ft to 20ft, the sink was too fast, but i didn`t notice that till 20ft RA, and i pitch hard for saving this situation, when reducing the decent rate ,the aircraft touched down. At that time, the throttle was in the MID position, cause it sank fast, i didn`t retard it at all. with the thottle in there and the aircraft just flew in to the air again.
now is the cytical time, the aircraft was in the air again, my first instinctive action was retard the throttle to land again. I heard the sound of speed brake deployment, and pushed forward on the throttle and restorted the speed brake, and then landed.
after the landing, I checked the QAR data the other day,that landing had a air G load at 1.7G before the first touch down. that was danerous!
My question are:
1/ why the speed brake can deploy even the aircraft is in the air after the first touch down? I heard that 3 seconds after the first touch down even in the air, the aircraft is still in the landing mode, the speed brake will deploy when throttle retard to idle, I don`t know if this is correct or not?
2/ after the first touch down and bounce, the throttle retard to which position, then the speed brake will deploy?
It`s a long story and long question.Thank a lot!