PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft engineering / avionics qualifications
Old 13th Jan 2003, 10:56
Geordie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aircraft engineering / avionics qualifications

I am contemplating embarking on a career change into aircraft engineering / avionics, preferably of light aircraft (although consider other types).
Does anybody know of any college / training establishment that offers distance learning courses in aircraft engineering or avionics to as high a standard as to obtain JAR approval / certification as a qualified engineer. I am a bit green when it comes to the details, but generally I would assume that a degree in either followed by the sitting of exams set by JAA / CAA is the preferred route. Since I have already been through University (degree in Agriculture, mmm ?!) I would rather gain the experience / qualifications vocationally or distance learning, while working. I believe avaition engineering to be a wide and complex subject, but I know that I am fully capable of understanding pretty much anything technical. Any ideas / literature or words of advice on my options would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Geordie