PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320: PPOS
Thread: A320: PPOS
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2012, 01:47
Ollie Onion

Received 222 Likes on 77 Posts
Don't ask me, you would have to talk to the bloke who rights our SOP's for that answer. I have no problem doing it either way, I have never been a big fan of extending the center line as I find it just as easy to leave the plan with the PPOS in it. On the other hand I am quite happy to extend the center line for the FO if that is the way he/she prefers to do it (just not the recommended way by my airlines SOP's.

As for the sequencing, yep I am pretty sure that the only way to activate the missed approach into the plan is by selected TOGA with atleast flap 1 selected. If you fly past the rwy threshold within 7nm and it is the active way point the flight plan will disappear and the missed approach won't be available in the FMGC.

The training guide recommends either using the extended centerline technique or manually deleting the appropriate waypoints in the plan. If the next way point under the PPOS is the one you are going to fly over then just leave well alone as when you fly over it the plan will sequence anyway and the PPOS will disappear, no need to manually delete it.

Last edited by Ollie Onion; 5th Sep 2012 at 02:08.