PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2012, 00:22
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Test tips

Cobra, I see you hang around the CX thread a bit so will use this as an example. The questions CX ask for stage one are published on many websites and in a publication you can buy specifically for CX interviews. The answers to the questions asked were easy to find beforehand. This you would think would mean that getting through stage one would be a cake walk. This isn't the case. Most of the culling goes on in stage one.

You mention that having a heads up on questions types gives an advantage. I say that of the questions asked in cognitive reasoning ability tests you should be able to answer without prior study. If you can't answer a question in the test I'm sure no amount of studying before hand would have helped. You either know it or you don't. This is how they are designed.

I have known people to attempt the ADF test 2 or 3 times over a 24 month period and never has anyone made more than a slight improvement due to studying. Everyone who improved dramatically put it down to better time management by skipping questions in one section to progress to another. Using the test time divided by the number of questions is a great way to figure out the time limit per question. This you would think is obvious to most people but seems not to be.

Last edited by pilotchute; 5th Sep 2012 at 03:37. Reason: Punctuation