PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 4th Sep 2012, 22:11
Comanche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK may be better long-term, but long time for command probably 7 years now, unless I get in DEC but little chance with no wide body or training experience. LCC in Europe is often 4 sectors with a lot of repetitive rotations, which causes extreme boredom and fatigue. Both EK and EY I hear do not even allow any personal electronic devices on the flight deck (Ipads etc) and if my source is correct EY do not even allow any reading material other than ops manuals or charts.

The package offered with FlyDubai is not among the best. The attraction for me is living in DXB and having good schools for the kids. In other words, I'd probably rather do LCC 2 sector days/nights in the ME rather than LCC 4 sector days in Europe, although the pension is better in Europe.

Ref leave, do the 42 days attract any wrap around days? So if you book say 14 days, do you get only 14 days or 14 days + your normal days offs either end?