PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5th September QF Announcement
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 18:05
uplock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haughtney1 Informative with relevant source material. No Muddy waters and your wrong about rest/disruption it applies on scheduled/planned and actual basis .Show me the paragraph stating the required rest when you do up to 22 hrs duty (There is none, and why not as this is addressed in the normal FTL's ) and I will buy you a beer. Lots of facts contained in the relevant GCAA CAR mentioned above along with GCAA CAAP14. Your misinformed about approval being subject to the destination authority . Providing the GCAA are happy then every one else goes with the flow.

I understand your view and where your coming from. I recall a flight on our network that went over the 22 hr limitation several years ago where the crew decided to operate back to DXB after having less than 19 hrs rest . Our FTLs on ULR ops do not spell out minimum rest, unlike the GCAA ULR regulations which do state that 48 hrs is the minimum rest after doing a ULR sector. GCAA define a sector length of 16 hrs being a ULR flight where EK define it as 14 hrs . Have to correct you from the GCAA CAAP 14 (6.2.1)The maximum permitted FDP (including Ramp/Air Turn Backs) for any ULR operation is 22:00 hours on both a scheduled/planned and actual basis.

Last edited by uplock; 4th Sep 2012 at 18:28. Reason: add further information