PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To upgrade or not to upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 15:45
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And if a they can do it with their tiny wheels, then an Aerostar could do it.
Adam, not wishing to be a spoilsport, the main wheel tyres on the Aero Commander are only marginally larger than those of the Bonanza.

I was slightly concerned by your last post. The Australian guys effectively hauled that Aerostar into the air at the end of the runway. The rotation, followed by the intial climb, looked like ground effect. It eventually climbed away. With respect, that is not the way to fly, for fun nor regularly. Also I suspect that the airstrip in Australia was not at a particularly high level. Lots of areas in the States are very different. Hot and high, different story.

I have been missing my grass strip flying. The guys are all still having fun. 600 mts, lush farmland, trees either end. Flew the Piper Cub there last Wednesday, and I loved it. Bring the Beech they all jeered, half tanks just you in it. It will be a dawdle. Nope, and my answer will always be nope. Despite it would make my strip flying so much easier, cuts out a 2 hour drive, for me. I cannot do it, the plane wont do it. Some times in life, it is just the way it is.

Last edited by maxred; 4th Sep 2012 at 15:45.