PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 15:19
StoneyBridge Radar

Location: South of MAN, North of BHX, and well clear of Stoke ;-)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The numpties on that new LPL forum are going apoplectic over the discussion on here.

The facts are, to the best of my knowledge, as 160to4 stated. Some pillock over there reckons the agreement only applies to Bodrum and Nice, though how they come to that conclusion is beyond me.

Not all is doom and gloom at LPL, though there is a refreshing sense of reality on here at last; long may it continue!

If clauses are in place to protect an incumbent's routes from a newcomer, there isn't much scope for expansion at LPL other than from RYR AND EZY.
Doesn't that mean RYR are not restricted by the agreement, hence they compete freely on some of EZY's routes? (Rhetorical question)

Jet2, as a complete newcomer however, would be subject to whatever conditions are laid down in the agreement to protect EZY's routes...including some routes considered home territory to Jet2: FAO, FUE, IBZ, ACE, AGP, MAH, NCE, RHO etc.

in a climate of people worrying about job, a route race would not happen IMO..The last thing any airport needs is a route war.
Ding, ding; we have a winner ! Ernest, you have hit the nail on the head.

It would lead to one of them upping sticks and leaving. But that was the idea of part of this mystical agreement; to protect the incumbent resident and prevent a route war...only it's backfired.

Jet2 is ideal LPL material, but for some to expect them to set up and launch only unexplored and untried routes without the security of known stable and successful rotations as well are, I suspect, expecting too much, just as was LJLA.

The next few weeks and months will reveal whether some leverage or wiggle room has been found.

Spotty M managment have visited a number of times recently
Last one I'm aware of (pre summer '12) was for diversion facilities, nothing more. Monarch are not coming to LPL for any other reason.

EZY7117LPL, you claim that
I very much doubt that anyone except those who need to know will know much about the contract between easyJet and LPL
yet you state with authority that EZY can't pull out from LPL nor can they reduce below 7 frames. You also use RYR to "prove" your argument that there is no protection, but RYR were already serving LPL, so are not therefore "new entrants."

All the rest of your argument is personal opinion and supposition. Look forward to you coming back to the discussion when you have some hard facts for us all to discuss.