PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ocean Sky Winding Up Notice
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 12:54
patience

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard a lot of stories coming out of OCS via my contact there in the last couple of days, many of which turned out to be 'not quite right'

I understand the juicy bits of the company (the FBOs, Engineering) have been sold off to some billionaire from Russia, who already had a lot to do with the company..so they are safe and will continue to do well

but there is no clear news about the future of Ocean Sky (UK) the charter/Ops etc..I think that has obviously been written off as top-heavy and unlikely-to-get-profitable anytime soon, and so it is left to it's own devices (management buy out?). I've heard most of the planes are staying with Ocean Sky (UK) and continuing to fly (not on an AOC, because it might have gone already) quite happily, but who knows?

It was a really good company, maybe too many 'self marketing in-and-out' directors, REMFs (client managers etc) not enough management accounting going on. a really bloody shame. to all the brilliant office guys left behind, i really hope it pulls through, I am sure it will