PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5th September QF Announcement
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 10:45
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Which the rest of the world logs as flight time. Either we agree it is or it isn't and we all play by the same rules.
Neville, in the instance you quote...we could argue that QF gains an unfair advantage as it employs second officers....they are cheaper, it's not fair because here at EK we have 2 Capts and 2 F/O's on ULR pairings...not a cruise F/O in sight.

Whilst I agree with you regarding the practice, you are wrong, I worked for a number of years for one of the largest charter airlines in Europe.
On long haul sectors we logged the time we were in the seat, unless you were the PIC...as was allowed by the UK CAA in variation to the standard CAP 371 FTL scheme.
EK factor augmenting crew flight times as Contacted says, If I'm operating DXB-PER for instance, I am credited the full Block-time, the AUG guy/girl gets planned at 60% but logs the actual time in the seat..and is paid for the full block time and credited the full duty.
EK's FTL's are almost a cut and paste of the UK's old CAP 371 system, QF under CASA may have more restrictive FTL's but that's a national difference rather than a conspiracy to undercut everyone on EK's behalf.

Last edited by haughtney1; 4th Sep 2012 at 11:50.