PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 09:08
510orbust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
t and c

I have been with jet2 now for over a year, I had negative experiences on pprune with my positive comments on the company but I will give you my opinions on the company and no I am not management. I joined as a type rated F/O , there are not many airlines in the UK that offer job security and the chance of upgrades in the near future. Roster wise - summers are busy typically 10 days off a month guaranteed with three rdo a month included in those. Take home pay for me averages 3200-2800 depending on sectors flown. Company pension plan that is an opt in after six months, for an f/o company will put in 6 percent and u don't have to match to get that. Loss of licence of 1000 per month for 5 years that u can top up to 85 percent of your salary. The culture is, if you mess up flap over speeds ect, own up to the mistake and nothing will come of it, they just want to stop reoccurring problems. Everything is online, pay, rosters, booking of hols, training files, and all sectors flown, plus of course company manuals ect. We all want more pay, but I live up north, cost of living is less than in the south, Medicals paid up to 300 quid, all on account now, mileage paid on commuting 40p a mile I think, been months since I had to claim out of pocket so it may be 42 p a mile. Winter part time options are in abundance, want dec jan off, not a problem, you can even take a fixed roster of 6 on 8 off on a decreased salary. Any other questions just message me

All in all very positive experience with no worries of being laid off --- regards to bmi pilots - not hiring capts due to internal upgrades from what I heard.

Last edited by 510orbust; 4th Sep 2012 at 09:37.