PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 08:22
theflyingbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@irishpilot1990

Type/base/Canada are all on seniority, as they should be. With the 757 reducing and the 787 still quite senior, don't think your driving anything other than a 737 soon.

As for Sunwing, this is coming to the end of its second full year and on paper is good for the summer/winter imbalance of both airlines. Tui brought into Sunwing and apparently the financial figures are stacking up well. The Canadians cover Dublin as they fly to their own SOP's etc, so it would be hard to integrate them into a Thomson base.

Speak to 100 pilots about their airline and you will get 100 answers, I don't look at it through rose tinted glasses, quite the opposite! I have a healthy number below me on the seniority list, but I still think, without the relatively minor changes in our working practices, I could have been out of a job in a couple of years. The legacy t&c's of Britannia/First Choice were unsustainable-eventually. Sure your not going to leave BA to work for us, but......

The only time we will no if we made the right choices in this industry, is the day we retire!

Oh, as my colleague a few posts said, I think, as things stand, you can take your 10 years to command and nearly double it!

Last edited by theflyingbus; 4th Sep 2012 at 08:25.