PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bid Adieu to Kingfisher
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 07:50
Capt Apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry about my mood or my job.Just stop pretending you belong to a perfect world.You need to wake up more than DGCA .

I'm no one to judge KF pilots.Maybe you are.

In 1994,Graen and Wakabayashi studied companies like Toyota that had manufacturing plants both in Japan and U.S.Some of the relevant cultural differences they found are as follows:
1)Japanese managers were shocked by what they saw as an American managers seemingly underdeveloped sense of obligation to their companies and co-workers.They believed that American managers place their personal interests above those of the company and their co-workers.
2)American managers do not commit their entire career to a single company.Japanese hoped that everyone hired will retire with the company.They had difficulty accepting that an American could join them and leave within a year for a direct competitor.
3)The Americans feared that adopting the Japanese system could subvert traditional American values of individualism.On the other hand,the Japanese feared that adopting the American system could undermine traditional Japanese values.

The above Japanese attitude is relevant in the Indian context as well.Ofcourse there will always be ps like Mallya who will take advantage of even the most loyal.
Im not sayin the American system is in anyway inferior.All Im saying is that we must atleast attempt to observe societies in their cultural context.