PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO publishes study on Phraseology
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 05:23
FLEXPWR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, cool, I want to live long enough to see everyone speak Chinese on ATC in Europe and the US, haha!

No doubt it is the most spoken language in the world, but even if I were to speak chinese fluently, there is no way I could ever read it. Here is a Chinese NOTAM (if your computer can display the font), enjoy.

B)1205221700

C)1212312359

E)新增临时障碍物: 在15/33 号跑道与16/34 号跑道之间扩建空管塔台. 施工塔吊位于33 号跑道入口以内1,794 米, 距33 号跑道中心线垂距748 米, 最高点海拔高度115.5 米, 摆臂半径为62 米, 摆臂海拔高度为103.5 米. 吊塔顶部及两侧已安装了航空障碍灯, 机组注意此处环境变化.

If you were not born and raised in China, it could take you 10 years to master the elementary 2000 symbols in daily language.

I learned English on my own in 1 year, with only a story book (Stephen King) and a voice recorder.

Since Russia has almost completely abandoned the alttitude in meters, Chinese Airspace remains one of the only regions operating in meters. Should we all revert to meters as well?

English has a very simple grammar, few exceptions, and with a total vocabulary of less than 400 words, you can get by in any country (except France of course, and China )

Last, even Chinese nationals cannot properly say a word they have never seen before in Chinese, because they are sinograms, and do not carry any clue about how to pronounce.

Give an English speaker any word he/she doesn't know, and 90% of the time they will say it correctly.