PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 21:16
flying-spike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It sounded like the TAWS was going off in the Vid clip on the 4 Corners show 2nite meaning that it activated due the A/C not configured for a normal Ldg which would have been the case in a planed ditching (gear selected up)"

Ah yes, I can't wait for the amateur accident investigators to come out with their analysis based on a YouTube recreation using Microsoft Flight Sim.
Did you know that FDR and CVR are still sitting at the bottom of the briney? So what was the recreation based on? Or should I say, on who's version of events?

I wouldn't put too much credence in the recreations last night what with the changes in aircraft type etc. and no input from the copilot.

You really need to read the audit report to get a better understanding of the goings on at the operator.

From what I have been told by somebody involved there CASA was there after the accident to perform two separate tasks. One was the investigation of the accident and the other, with mostly different people performing the special audit of the whole organisation. Two tasks and two different courses of action taken on the findings made. I will spell it out, one punitive and one not.The gentleman involved advised me the non-punitive spirit of the audit was followed to the letter of the law.

For a bit of extra CASA hilarity, check out the date the audit report was produced. One could be excused on the basis of that for thinking that CASA saw this accident coming?

Last edited by flying-spike; 3rd Sep 2012 at 21:41.