PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 16:37
silverstrata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More significant movements. It looks like they are now proposing a big new airport to the northwest of London. While this is an ideal position for an airport, I cannot see them overcoming the noise and pollution problem of dropping a thunking great airport on the Tory Shires.

Nice idea, but I cannot see it happening. this was the whole point of a move to the Thames, because most of the noise problem is sorted, and the Thames is much closer to NW Europe for TGV travel to Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris.

Plans for four-runway airport near Heathrow claimed to be underway | Mail Online

Is this a spoiler, perhaps? Get the proposal deliberately turned down, and then say, well damn you, we will put it in the Thames Estuary instead??

But it does demonstrate that a new airport is in the pipeline, as I suspected. This is a part of the softening-up process (like we saw recently with the imminent Israeli bombing of Iran).

So it is all systems go. Which of you will have to move to Essex eh? You will have to buy a Ford and get the other half to dye her hair blond....

Last edited by silverstrata; 3rd Sep 2012 at 16:39.