PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's a control tower guv... Honestly!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 23:39
Grob Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You’re right there…. It will take a lot of time, effort and more importantly…. MONEY, to bring it up to the current regulations for housing. That’s why I was wondering if it was possible to return it back to a control tower rather than a private dwelling. As for finding one… I’ve already done that. It’s in a poor state of repair at the moment but has a lot of potential. The farmer is willing to sell it too although he’s yet to give me a final price!

I’ve checked with the planners, and it’s NOT a listed building! Surprised me too but there you go. Niknak, is there anything specific that will make it expensive to heat and light, of is it just because of the overall size of the place (it’s a lot bigger inside than I first expected!).

Also, did each room have a specific use or did that depend on the airfield in question…. The tower is Watch Office for Night Fighter Stations 12096/41, with additional control room 10413/42. Does anyone know where I can get a plan for a tower like this that would say what each room was used for?

Thanks for all your help

Grob Driver