PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First GA Aviation Headset
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 13:27
Steve6443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So ANR Headsets that i can choose from, obviuosly the cost is quite large on some of these but i believe maehh summed it up in his post. Im willing to pay for a good set if its definately worth it, hard to select one now?

David Clark H10 13.4
Bose X
Bose A20
Lightspeed Zulu
The best thing to do is go and try them on, I found the Sennheiser Digital S1 seemed awkward perched on my head whereas the Zulus were perfect. Once you have found out which are the most comfortable, everything else then comes in to play - in terms of ANR reduction, I'd say the Bose A20 are best, followed by the Zulu and S1 - however the difference is negligible, they are still leagues ahead of passive headsets.

One possible point to look at is entertainment - bearing in mind Lightspeed Zulus have Bluetooth Music streaming as standard which you have to pay extra for with the Bose A20, this feature was what clinched it for me and I went with the Zulus and haven't regretted it. It really is a different world having your favourite music streaming to the headphones whilst up there....... For info, I paid €800 for my Lightspeed Zulus, the Bose and S1 come in around €1000.......