PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lightning Down At FAOB
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 13:13
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Waddo:
I feel fairly sure this one would not have passed muster in the RAF. As for the investigation, I was privileged to work with the AAIB on a Tornado GR3 crash at Mamby, and in my opinion, their analysis was far superior to this, which seems to be an assembly of information without any real attempt at synthesis into a coherent explanation.
Waddo, you were one of the first to draw comparisons with RAF BoI reports, before tuc or I had even posted. It was very much with the supposed superiority of their reports versus this one that prompted me to post to the contrary. Now you say that this is a civilian accident thread alone (posted on a Military forum!). Pots and kettles?
Oh, in case it would appear that I am by implication criticising the AAIB, I included your reference to them merely to point out that when they are allowed by a BoI to investigate a military accident fully, they do indeed do as you state. The problem is that often they are not so allowed, then of course they cannot do so. I have one particular military fatal accident in mind, but better not mention it, given your sensitivity to it above.