PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 03:04
WELCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt about the major impact! The other day, I had a chat with one open-minded local chap and he has raised a valid point in this regard. He firstly shows gratitude to all expats working for the company, but he said something about what if the majority of the staff, especially the flight crew, was of Bahraini pilots? Say 80% or so.. Would they still turn their backs to GF , likewise many expats, at hard times and during the various "curve down phases" the company was/is suffering from? I guess the answer is "No, they would stay"! Some might still prefer to leave though and go somewhere else where the grass is greener. "No blame on expats here" he mentioned because they have more pressing issues and different kind of commitments to their families and to themselves. His second concern was "Could GF have done better to recruit more qualified local pilots but they didn't? Go and check how many local pilots have applied at GF and haven't had a chance. Let alone the GAA cadets crisis! Look how GF did put everybody in a deep dark hole including themselves!" he said.

He was absolutely gutted about it...and me myself too!

Last edited by WELCO; 3rd Sep 2012 at 03:05.