PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 21:24
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phew! Spade taken away with great pleasure, Stevie T.

I didn't intervene before because it was your choice to keep pressing Hoverman to reveal what he knows on this public forum. He (rightly IMHO) was clearly not going to do that. But I don't mind admitting I was relieved when the pair of you reached the 'chat over a coffee' agreement. Always a bit of a gamble to claim someone is ill-informed. Sometimes least said soonest mended.
Well done to both of you for having the debate without falling out over it.

(BTW, Lord Grumpy made clear he was asking about CAA inspections at base, not outside venues. That's why I answered as I did.)

smyers
Well, you've read what's been said about the various Yorkshire schools/instructors, and what Steve's said in response about Heli-Jet. It's up to you to make up your own mind where you want to spend your money and do your training. It's an important decision which you should make carefully.
Apart from Heilds, I know each of the schools/instructors/school-owners mentioned but as a Moderator I can't enter the arena and reveal what I know, or my opinion - even though, in this instance, I happen to hold a very strong one!

Good Luck.
Bet you didn't think your request for advice would cause all this!

Heliport

Last edited by Heliport; 13th Jan 2003 at 01:25.