PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where can I find a DA42 Flight School in Europe for an IR Renewal?
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 21:12
GingerFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really?

Surely as long as the person demonstrates their ability on steam or glass then they are as capable as the next?
I know people who have trained on glass and fly steam commercially very capably and I know people who trained on steam and can barely find their way around the sky.

Its all individual ability so lets not judge the poor chap on what he trained on. He may be worried about doing a steam transition, in which case he may need a nudge get some steam training. Or he may have a job coming up on a DA-42 and he may want a little practice.

We don't know his reasons, but we do know he has asked where he can find a DA-42 sim, he did not ask us to question his training, abilities or reasons.

Regardless, I know Atlantic at Coventry use DA-42s and presumably therefore have the sims. You can always try asking for a short notice cancellation if they have any for an examiner/sim slot.

Also just as an aside, I have never paid as much for a renewal in the aircraft as I was quoted to do it in the sim, plus you can do the MEP and you don't need to do it pre-expiry.....and you get to actually fly.

Good luck whichever way it works out for you.