PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First GA Aviation Headset
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 18:53
maehhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go and buy a proper one (ANR!)

I did a single lesson (my very first) with an PNR Sennheiser headset borrowed from the school. Next thing I did was buying a Bose X. It simply is a different league and imho worth every cent. And suddenly you can concentrate on learning to fly the aircraft since ATC / FI are crystal clear in your head. Oh and it is way lighter and needs way less pressure. And of course: more quiet!

You might find that while you aretraining that you need to, or your instructor recommends, that you listen to thedifferent sound of the engine while climbing, flying level and descending. Soan expensive ANR headset may not be suitable, while you are training.
Sorry that is BS. You can hear the slightest change in RPM / Engine Sound with a (Bose) ANR headset. Same for the stall warning / gear warning / whatever warning. I remember a night flight with an FI in the RHS and an ATC guy in the back, both of them wearing PNR headsets. When we entered a light rain shower I could in fact HEAR the rain on the screen (but couldn't see it, since it was pitch black...) which made me switch on the landing light to confirm my suspicion. Until then both of them didn't notice a thing... and still the overall noise level in my ears was way lower due to the ANR...

maehhh

Last edited by maehhh; 2nd Sep 2012 at 18:55.