PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lightning Down At FAOB
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 14:04
Waddo Plumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The link at post #61 is to the full report. I have no knowledge or view on how good or bad the SA CAA's investigation ability is, and the fluency of English is probably a red herring. I'm certain you've read many more accident reports than I have, John, but I've read quite a few as an interested party, and helped write one or two. I feel fairly sure this one would not have passed muster in the RAF. As for the investigation, I was privileged to work with the AAIB on a Tornado GR3 crash at Mamby, and in my opinion, their analysis was far superior to this, which seems to be an assembly of information without any real attempt at synthesis into a coherent explanation. Perhaps the following statement near the front of the report explains this:

"In terms of Regulation 12.03.1 of the Civil Aviation Regulations (1997) this report was compiled in the interest of the promotion of aviation safety and the reduction of the risk of aviation accidents or incidents and not to establish legal liability."