PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 12:42
ROBMEDIUM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well easy is getting new guys via ctc/parc purely because they realise that after 6 months out of 46 people that are being laid off now, very few will come back if any. So the new ones are ready for the next summer period, and I guess the same will happen over the next year's winter period to new guys.So much for job security at easy. Probably the only secure place within easy group is easy swiss, with strong financial performance etc.
As for the rest of the group you have to look at the business model they run ie selling the new aircraft ,they are getting from toulouse at a very discounted price ,to leasing companies and leasing them back , generating a lot of cash in the process. That sweet deal of discounted busses is now either finish or nearly fulfilled, therefore the cash flow is narrowing as well. This business model only works together with expansion, now however we have contraction, Madrid closing and LPL losing 3 aircraft. Management knows it and they come up with short term so called solutions like flexi crew on mcdonalds wages etc, another is to buy some falling airline ( easy was an udisclosed bidder for bmi baby but the price was not right)
Now for a long term strategy, well there isn't any because our top management is only here for a few years at the time to
  • hit their targets
  • collect the associated bonus
  • move onto a better paying position elsware having added target performance to their cv's
They have no interest in the long term performance of the airline because they work for their targets only and nothing else, then move on to better paying jobs.

Talking about time to command here, well I flew with a few guys recently who made me lough by saing " I really look forward to my command soon" having done under 2000h. The airline is maturing and I estimate time to command for someone with under 2000h will be at least 5 years if not more. look at the average age of our worforce plus 0 expansion and you get the picture.
Easy despite what anyone says is now on par with ryanair, and it was a great airline only a few years back.

I recommend a very good book

"What they teach you at harward business school
Beware a CEO coming to a perfectly good business near you"

Can't remember the author