PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 10:15
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do agree that if TR is fully paid, the risks are in favour of the candidate. However I have also seen companies recently offering 6 - 8 months job, expecting the candidate to pay his own TR, and with no more promise than these initial 6 - 8 months.

For me this is a risky business, and I would think anyone considering it should consider these offers carefully. However as an example the CTC/Easyjet option, is not for everyone, as it does come with an extremely hefty entrance "ticket" price!

It does make it a little bit like a private "exclusive club", this is something that I personally do not like!
Yes sure you need to pass certain entry tests etc., but end of the day, money is what opens the door! This strategy is not necessary the best way forward.

In my opinion, the modular route into Ryanair is a far better economical route for the pilot, however it is a bit more uncertain, it does give the airline a large control over who they contract, and it does give a wider spectre of pilots a chance!

I have to admit, I have seen to many freshly ME/IR pilots, with rose tinted glasses, who have not really researched what they have let themselves into!