PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 09:20
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tell ya what being down at 200 ft at night doing an NPA (well Blw the Min) very close to the AD with minimal fwd vis virtually zero room left to maneuver & with rain pelting against the screen, the fuel gauges showing 'E' & you know that going around from this means possible death or ta least career ending actions would have any pilot almost at their maximum level of capability.

Like I've said b4 on this subject I bet my left one (the right one I lost in a bet years ago!) that commercial pressure was the main criteria that found Dom in this ugly mess.That along with possibly not enough experience & poor flight planning in these Ops means a LOT of young pilots can & will find themselves in similar situations maybe not as drastic as this one but still life changing.
As has been said it's got zip to do with what's legal here (AWK PVT Etc) there's still flesh & blood being carried regardless of the regs.
A good Capt Commands
Most of these light jets are capable of carrying full fuel (or close to it) in an average Aero-Med config. Taking off with less than full fuel on such missions means there's some external force making that decision.
They survived & lets hope that something good can or has come good of this.

At the very least this accident might make some young buck one day think twice about going skinny on the gas due Commercial pressure!

As for the final report on this?............well that's just a waste of time to even be put together. Too much legal jargon & ass protecting to be of any benefit really.

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 2nd Sep 2012 at 09:27.