PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 05:48
boxerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has indeed been a lull. But definitely an interesting read. I can only safely come out here and say this because I had done my homework, studied the legacy carriers as well as LCCs and applied and got accepted. Jetstar, SQ ,silkair and CX were all placed before me. This recent thread started on jetstar's requirements for HK but did anyone actually know what was paid to an FO? Well I have seen their packages for JetstarAsia in Singapore and for the position offered to me as an SFO. It is less than an SO pay in CX...albeit we make Captain in 3years..but it's still an LCC. Those Ho have worked there will explain the subtle differences with walkaroud checks. No meals provided on board etc. Whereas with Singapore Airlines, all FOs start as cadets. Most are Asian from Singapore, Malaysia and most recently India. Now these are indeed zero hours guy with the same places for training like perth and marrochydoore with similar databases for ATPLs. But then again, there are not many threads out there that I could find complaining of their standards and abilities.
I do agree with some of the points noted and I equally sense the frustration of brand new cadets who don't have much of a chance getting the experience that has been mentioned so many times here.
With youth and frustration comes lack of emotional control and outbursts. My only advice to you guys is that it's your life and choice. Complaining about anything or voicing out to who that doesn't care what u think does not make you a better pilot. Just dig your heels in and be as good as you can be. Emulate from the senior guys, carry on the tradition of good airmanship that has been 'perceived' lost or non existent by Gen Y. I joined CX with a background. I accepted the terms cos I planned for it. But everything said about cost and lifestyle is true. No airline pays B scales anymore. Choose wisely and informed