PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 1st Sep 2012, 13:18
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The forecast I referred to was the one you introduced.
Originally Posted by S7600
:
AT LEAST tempo holding for the forecast I provided, if not a full alternate.
This is getting very silly. If you want a 'professional discussion' behave that way. Of course there is a 30 mins holding requirement at alternate. If you understood the rules you would know that.Your previous post said "and I did not have the fuel to continue and hold/divert," which is what I was trying to clarify for you.There is NO requirement for a hold at destination in the fuel load in JAROPS. Yes, I know it is 'semantics' but they, unfortunately for some, are the way adults communicate. If you repeatedly use the wrong/inappropriate words, what are we to do? Take you seriously? I would have expected with your self-proclaimed immense managerial/supervisory experience you would have understood the need for clear language?

Regarding what happened to the RYs, you are confusing planning with events, which is surprising in view of your claimed experience. We have a well-known expression this side of the pond with which you may not be familiar - 'sh!t happens'. It looks like it did..

I appreciate you are new here. There are plenty of threads in this forum where the more general issues you are querying have been discussed, and I would suggest they are a better place that this on this particular 'MAYDAY avalanche event. Yes, I agree planning for a min of 30 at alternate is not wise in that weather. I say again, I do NOT think the RY crews did plan that. It happened that way.