PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just done PPL at EFT
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 12:45
ct8282

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair play to you. I can understand what you went through as there were certainly times where I felt I was on sheer learning overload. Returning to the US again was simply not a cost or time option for me so I just had to get on with it.

My instructor was excellent and he noticed when I was on overload so made me take a day out here and there to recharge. It was certainly a team effort and we developed a strong working and personal relationship which I think was crucial to getting me over the finish line.

I would most definitely say that an intensive course is not for everyone as it takes masses of stamina, dedication, commitment and hard work and isn't necessarily the correct learning environment for us all, but equally for the right candidates I would say it is an excellent way to do a PPL.

However, as you said, safety is absolute priority and ensuring that the trainee is developing the necessary skills to be a safe pilot is crucial. Any instructor that pushes a student beyond their learning capabilities is not a good instructor.

Good luck with the rest of your training and enjoy.