PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - looking out the window
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 12:08
Pugilistic Animus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't learn aerobatics on a sim, need the side view...also can't learn the pattern and judging distance from RWY and such...

as I said I've overcome some of my predjudices regarding sims for IFR training to save costs...but I just think they are incredibly ing boring, I can't stand them...I can barely tolerate teaching on the FAA approved-IFR trainer which you actually can legally log some hours on...I like the real deal but it's far too expensive for many students...plus I hate when students have million of hours on it and they think they can really fly---every instructor I know young or old hates self taught MS-Sim pilots as they are never there too learn...they know everything... a the real obstinate ones never get signed off on anything because they are way too dangerous and have countless bad habits....we wont risk our reputaions like that...yet the think they can take and Airbus out of Laguardia on a busy day!!!!
I've never used a sim myself save advanced training on jets and T-props...where of course everyone does...