PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas August 23rd announcements
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 11:50
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back off from the frontline please

QF94 nailed it in one:
The internal issues within QANTAS are bigger than what's reported in the papers and tv. It's not just a union dispute. There are no ongoing "union disputes", but a constant grinding between management and staff. Staff are given more to do with less, and aging "tools of the trade" and that is across the whole spectrum of QANTAS. You can't make apple pie out of crap, but you try and deliver the best apple tasting crap you can.
Although I too have stopped voluntarily using QF recently, my support goes out to the frontliners. And yes, more often than not the service standard delivered is pure crap. But I don't hold that against the frontliners. Staff are only reacting to how they are being treated. 'Every action causes a reaction'. And when on a daily basis you offer your best day in and day out only to get screwed mercilessly while a 2 cent Irish import destroys your future while loading his wallet in the process you get the reaction that is coming across from the frontliners.

Joyce and his predecessor Dixon, along with a long list of mates, managers, directors and other assorted profit rapists are to blame, they took their eyes off the ball and honed in on their own greedy desires, and the rest of the sorry saga is being played out now in front of millions of viewers.

It's time we grew some testicles in our country and pulled out the special Aussie welcome mat for the parasites killing QF. To those in charge of the QF ship and steering it into the abyss I piss in your general direction.

Last edited by gobbledock; 1st Sep 2012 at 11:51.