PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 14:49
atb1943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbird48

You mentioned earlier on this thread that you operated 'KKR from Elstree in the early '60s. Perhaps our paths have crossed. I noted her on my first visit to Elstree on 15 Jan '61, and then pedalled across to Panshanger to find 'KKR had beaten me to it.

The Miles M.18 'HKY was at Elstree in those days, along with Aries 'OGA and Whitney Straights 'EUJ and 'FGK, BA Swallow 'EMW and Moth Minor 'FNI.

Aerohack

Was the Comanche you mentioned 'PUZ? Logged 22 Jan 61 along with Travelair 'PUB (also at Heathrow two weeks later). Eastleigh had 'RIO an H.A.C. Halcyon 'almost complete'..? Kidlington a week later revealed W. Straight 'ERV, Monarch 'IDE and Mew Gull 'EXF.

On my first ever visit to Thruxton in the late '50s something happened to me, a little touch of kindness, that I have never forgotten, and that has influenced how I treat even the youngest of customers that come asking for help. The manager of the hangar, big old black one with holes in the roof, showed is round, and sat us in the aircraft I had fallen in love with, Klemm L.25 G-AAHW. He showed compassion and understanding. To him I owe a huge debt.

What a delight to find 'HW, this time on the German register, at Baden Baden a few years ago (9 or 10). If she's still for sale, I may.............!