PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 10:16
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not saying the industry owes me anything, I have walked into the situation with my eyes wide open!

For me, even though I am not happy with the current T & C's, I am in the fortunate situation that I have other income, so a starter "pilot salary" is not going to break my back.

You seem to be extremely obsessed with tigers, I haven't got clue of what you are speaking about!

I am just referring to your statement, that cadets was given "TR" for 6 - 8 months contract, for me that would make extremely bad business sense for Easy, and I doubt this is correct!

I know of guys who was there on £1200 a month, got their 500 hours and left Monarch!

I doubt that would have been possible if Easy had paid their TR, but you should be in better position than me to know this. But it does not fit with the rest of the business model, of giving people summer contracts only!

Don't get me wrong, there was German company who did the same, offered 6 months contract, you pay your own TR, pay was not bad actually, but no promises after those 6 months!

Everybody has to find a place, do their best and just move on if things don't go as they wish, this is the nature of the beast today!

A mate of mine, calculated he did around 500 hours on the job time a month, and it worked out an average £4 an hour incl. sector pay! (not for Easy)

Simply what CTC has done, is that they have made it a moneys game to get the chance, it will not give the best candidates, but the guys with the money will get priority, which again, nature of the beast!

This part does not concern me, but it does effect the future recruitment of pilots!

To many do not do their research properly! This is one of the main problems!

Last edited by truckflyer; 1st Sep 2012 at 10:57.