PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas August 23rd announcements
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 08:18
framer

Received 482 Likes on 130 Posts
I'm glad you have stated that it is a "toxic management culture QANTAS contains." This is the true reflection of the current situation of QANTAS. NOT the staff.
True but unfortunately it has a major effect on the attitudes of the staff. The last two times I've checked- in in Sydney the attitude was disgraceful.Before I had even got to customs I had a sour taste in my mouth.At one point I stood quietly in front of the special assistance desk (after being sent there by QF staff) listening to two women carrying out personal conversations for over ten minutes. I was standing right in front of them, I did not say anything, just waited politely where the little sign said to wait and watched them expectantly, they had to try pretty hard not to make eye contact with me. It was like an advert for how not to do it¨. When they did finally decide to serve me I got the impression they were doing me a massive favour by fixing up their colleagues mistakes.
I understand that they are sick to the back teeth of all the non sensical changes and with the way they are being treated, but it still had an impact on my mood for a wee while. Many customers wouldn´t hesitate to say ¨this is the last time I´m flying Qantas¨.