PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 1st Sep 2012, 07:38
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawk - your post #303 is also full of Swiss Cheese holes. You need to understand that PPRuNe suffers from an inundation of 'enthusiastic amateurs' and 'new' posters whose total experience is a 'suitcase' are always viewed with suspicion. For your reference, all, including you, can view posters profiles if you are interested, so your 'p!!ssing contest was wasted. No real experience of JAROps? This whole thread is about adherence to such. Reference to 'dispatch' and 'Flight Following' are irrelevant. Reference to how 'you' operated outside JAROps are of passing interest only. Your 'mission' needs to be to change JAR/EU Ops I think. Even BA do not use that system, although they do monitor and communicate with crews.

Quote:
AT LEAST tempo holding for the forecast I provided, if not a full alternate.
- I have no idea what you are talking about. I trust you understand that what you 'provided' was a METAR and not a 'forecast'? How you expect a crew to plan for that I do not know - and what on earth is a 'full' alternate? I take it you are suggesting that on receipt of that actual YOU would have instantly diverted to your 'full' alternate? Hmm.

Crispy - I can vouch for such behaviour. An anecdote for you. Back in the early 2000's I was the only BA a/c on the ground at MAD (out of 5) with HF. A similar 'restriction' at airfield level was being placed on Maastricht allocated slots. Start-up clearance was being given to roughly 1 in 5 a/c, and all were Spanish and we were watching our slots 'evaporate'. We were all chatting on 'company' and I was relaying to LHR on HF. Purely by chance the senior BA ATC liaison manager was in Maastricht at a meeting and was phoned by LHR ops at my request. Suddenly we got start-up, no slot restrictions and the Senior MAD 'man' had a bo**ocking.. It sounds as if nothing much has changed.I can also recall holding as number 7 for R18 to find 20 minutes later I was number 9. Draw your own conclusions. Red Herring?